1. Take some time to plan
- What challenges do you currently face in your business?
- What might be causing you and your team stress?
- What are your business goals?
Are you looking to run a more profitable business in the future or perhaps expand your team? Assessing your short and long-term goals will help guide your search, as each system has its own unique set of features and strengths.
2. Integrated accounting
Accounting is an unavoidable aspect of running an interior design business, so why not make it easier? The benefits of choosing interior design project management software that comes with an integrated accounting system are many including:
- It streamlines your business processes as you manage all your projects and finances in one place.
- It eliminates the chance of human error as your bookkeeping is automatically done as your project work is done.
- You can easily generate accurate financial reporting regarding your business’ profitability, giving you greater insight and helping you to reach your short and long-term financial goals quicker.
3. Customer support
Learning new software can be a bit daunting, especially if it might be the first time you’ve implemented a system in your business. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or it’s the first time you’ve used a software system, it is still important to inquire about the level of customer support you can expect. Make sure you investigate:
- What type of support is provided for you and your team?
- What are the expected response times between questions and resolutions?
- What kind of always-accessible online help is available?
4. Talk to friends and colleagues in the industry
5. Know your budget
Having a realistic budget in mind before you start your search is always important. Some interior designing software systems price their subscriptions differently, usually on a per-user or per-project basis. So, while reviewing various systems keep your budget in mind, and stick to it.